Ok, so I’m getting complaints that I haven’t posted in awhile. Well, I figured without any pictures to post (flash died) that this blog wouldn’t be all that interesting to anyone. Oh well. I ran across this on someone’s blog and thought…no pictures required. I’ll post. So here goes….
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just leave them under the tree? Santa doesn’t have time to wrap all the presents he has to deliver. Just leave them under the tree.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree? Hmmm, technically speaking there is no tree this year nor has there been for 6 years now. But, if I did choose to put it up, it would have white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I’d have to kiss myself and that just isn’t what it’s all about. lol
5. When do you put your decorations up? Well, it was Christmas of 2000 I think. Ok, ok….I USED to put them up Thanksgiving evening, but I got over it. lol
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Our family does the same Christmas dinner that we do for Thanksgiving except there are a few more desserts. My favorite dish has to be brined turkey. Yum.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. Well, I can’t say this is my favorite but it’s the most memorable. I woke up in the night as I had to pee. This was odd because I never woke up in the night and I was terrified of the dark. I also was convinced there were monsters under my bed. They only “got there” in the dark. Also I was brainwashed that if Santa knew I was awake he’d leave and take my presents with him. Hmmm…what a dilemma. Wet the bed and be miserable not to mention get in trouble for doing so (since I wasn’t a bed wetter). OR risk being grabbed by a monster as I leaped from the bed to the hall AND risk Santa knowing I was not only awake but UP! So I chose the latter. Not only did I choose to go pee but I did so in the DARK!! hoping Santa wouldn’t hear the tinkle. lol I swear as I was jumping back into bed that I heard a jingle bell jingle and I was worried the rest of the night that I didn’t have any Santa presents. I was wrong. 🙂
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was in the 3rd grade when I became aware of who actually bought my presents. I don’t have any epiphany moment or shocking awareness. I was the oldest so I’m sure some kid at school spread the lie. Santa does exist…He is the spirit of giving. I believe.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn’t in the early years but begged for the change when we were older. I carried that on and let my son open one (mom approved) present on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, red berries, and character ornaments (Santas, Snowmen, Candy Canes, Reindeer etc.).
11. Snow! Love it or leave it? Love it!! As long as I don’t have to drive in it.
12. Can you ice skate? N.O.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember my guitar which I never learned to play. I remember my first AM/FM clock radio. I LOVED that radio! FM, no static!!
14. What is your favorite thing about the holidays? It used to be sitting in the dark in the early morning watching the tree lights and dreaming. I haven’t done that in many years. Maybe seeing others faces as they open gifts.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mexican Wedding Cookies and fudge.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reminding my fully grown-man son that Santa does exist.
17. What do you prefer, giving or receiving? Definitely giving.
18. What tops your tree? Nothing. I’ve never found the perfect topper for my tree.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Coventry Carole
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? One is yum, beyond that I don’t bother.
I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!