I saw this on another blog today and thought it looked like fun. Please feel free to copy and do your own post with these same questions.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper but despise wrapping gifts, so (sigh) I use bags if I can or I love the chinese take out boxes! I think those are so cute.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, when I put a tree up. I’ve only put up one tree in 9 years. I usually don’t have any guests plus we go to Colorado every other year so I’m the only one who would see it so why bother? lol Except this year I decided to get a 3 ft table top as the tree I put up several years ago, Lexi decided it was her tree to climb. Not. I’ll put this one on top of my armoire where she can’t jump. I’ve had a couple of real trees several years ago and the mess they leave behind isn’t worth it.
3. When do you put up the tree? Years ago when I got excited about Christmas I’d put it up Thanksgiving night. I plan on putting one up this year but it is still in the box so far. Pray for me that I get it up. lol
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, I’m a hot chocolate kinda gal.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow, this is hard, probably some doll I had longed for. I know I asked for a Barbie car once and got some knockoff that was very disappointing and that reminds me I did ask for a Barbie once and got some knock off…….my folks had a tendancy to do that….find a cheaper replacement, maybe that’s why I don’t recall a favorite gift? Yikes!!! Don’t mean to sound unappreciative but I think the more memorable gifts were my camera or clock radio when I was older.
7. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be my dad. He’s been gone now since September of 1999 and it’s odd how many things I see that he’d love now.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother. We had several similar interests so it was very easy to find something for her.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but years ago when doing ceramics was so popular I did make a set for my mother that will be mine some day.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have about 6 boxes of cards from years past. I do send out some upon occasion but not enough to use up all those cards!!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The worst is nothing at all. But one year my mother got me the most butt-ugly shirt. I can’t recall what ‘excuse’ I made up but I took it back and got something else. lol My sister and I learned to give her the SKU number/model number or whatever or we’d end up with some ugly stuff. Even now she will buy those gadget items you see on the back of your credit card bill and she’ll get two, one for me and one for my sister. I think I gathered that stuff up and gave it to Marjie for her church rummage sale. Better to get it out of the house quickly than to let it become clutter.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can’t say I have a favorite. I like some of the classics and will watch those over each year.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started in October this year. Unusual.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. For the most part, that is the joy I get out of Christmas is trying to find a gift that I hope will make the recipient smile. I know I don’t always hit the mark but I try.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fudge? Mexican Wedding Cookies? Homemade Peanut Brittle? I guess most of the usual homemade Christmas goodies.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course! I am in the clear mode for now.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Coventry Carole is one. White Christmas, Silver Bells, Little Drummer Boy. Wow, those get me into the mood.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? So far, we have it at my mother’s one year and at my sister’s in Colorado the next and alternate.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Sleepy, Dopey, Grumpy…uhhhhhhhhhh 😉 Guess that’s a no.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning without fail. When we were older kids we’d beg so much that my folks would let us open one gift on Christmas Eve although they had veto rights. One year my folks went to a friend’s house on Christmas Eve and my sister and I stayed home and opened (carefully and rewrapped) every gift we had. My mother realized it when she got home and was furious with us. I do have to admit that was a learning lesson. The next morning Christmas was a real let down. Lesson learned. We never did it again.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That dream I had for years and years about sitting in the dark with my sweetheart gazing at the Christmas tree lights, it’s never happened.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I had all Father Christmas’s several years ago and then segued into Snowmen. I quit putting up a tree and decorations around then so I still have that stuff but it is packed away somewhere. lol I did buy some smaller ornaments the other day. I love those glass ornaments and bought some gingerbread men, snowmen and santas. While I appreciate the beauty of a color themed tree, it seems so sterile. I like figurines.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I know what I want but that isn’t going to happen.
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year, if I get the tree up, it will be a glass ornament.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? We do the same dinner for Christmas that we do for Thanksgiving, turkey, dressing and pumpkin pies. Yum.